Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Birthday fun!




It is my sweet boys seventh birthday today. Sigh! I can't belive he is already seven, and then on the other hand, those seven years have been so full it seems it couldn't possibly have been only seven years! We have had lots of fun today. We started out with plenty of birthday hugging and I decorated the house last night after he went to bed which he loved. Tuesday and wednesday there are free movies at Regal Cinemas so we went and saw "Doogal" which we laughed a lot at. Then to Dairy Queen to meet up with a buddy and off to the free library show. This week there was crazy juggling guy and my palms were literally sweaty because he actually had me tense! He had all these plates spinning and then with the tall unicycle and he was just crazy enough that I couldn't tell where the act ended and real guy began! Now we are home for a little R & R before the festivities at Nana's later.
He has been asking for a bag like his sister's since I made hers so I figured it a perfect present for his birthday. I really love making things for them for their birthdays. I tucked a little bowling game into a drawstring bag inside and he was thrilled with both. I feel so lucky that my seven year old still gets excited about homemade gifts from his Mom! I hope that lasts awhile longer. I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.
Lastly, we used his new bag to put the comments in for the birthday goodie bag drawing! He picked two winners and here they are:
www.simple-studio-journal.blogspot.com who has a 6 year old and a four year old which is almost exactly what we have here, and little Colin (6) whose mom is www.wrensnest.typepad.com. I was happy he was pulled out because his mom said he didn't get as much mail as his older siblings so I was glad he would be getting one. If the winners would just email me with addresses, the goodies will be on the way!
Now I have some more birthday snuggling to do! I hope everyone is having a beautiful August 2!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Jackie said...

Thank you thank you!! The little guy will be so excited! (but we won't tell until it arrives or he'll ask me about it 4,000 times a day!). Sounds like it's been a fun time for your little guy. I love his new bag!! (I e-mailed you our address).

6:19 PM  
Blogger Dorie said...

Sibling bags!

Who makes the number print? I like it.

6:31 PM  
Blogger June said...

What a nice birthday for your son. The bag is great!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Strikkelise said...

Happy Birthday, L! The Miniswap pals send their best. Sounds like a great day. Very cool bag!

11:35 PM  
Blogger dogfaeriex5 said...

your bags are so darling, you should make some for us adults and put them on etsy, i would buy one for myself...just darling!!!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Frivolitea said...

Thank you so, so much for arranging the birthday drawing. My children will be thrilled! And your bag is fabulous!!!

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Lynne said...

well, happy birthday to your boy. That is a very cool bag, by the way.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous kathy said...

I love your combination of fabrics and the design of the bag. This one turned out really cute! Sounds like your son had a memorable birthday with his family, the best kind.

12:02 PM  
Blogger knittingsecretsqueen said...

Mo,

You are so much fun and creative! My Mom was like that and there are so many things that she did that I treasurer.

I am working on your package . . . so much fun!

Happy belated birthday to your guy (my youngest will be 6 in January . . . my oldest will be 21 next May . . . and I find it amazing that they are as old as they are!).

Your Colorswap SP

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! video editing schools

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi friends
Do not miss your chance to get a free iPhone 4G. Visit http://bit.ly/d9QOON

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home