Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Oh this is just so good!


First of all, I have to say thanks for all the nice comments on my back tack. It was fun to read everything people had to say about it on this blog and Alicia's blog. To address a few questions that came up, I got the wool stuffing at www.magiccabin.com .It really was a peach to work with and it made the shaping so nice. You know how polyfil is sort of lofty in a plasticy way and lumpy too? Not this wool. Secondly, someone asked about the paper mache case I put all of the backtack goodies in. I bought the case at Joann's fabrics but I am sure they you could find them at bigger craft stores. I painted it and then put oilcloth on it. I just spread a nice thin layer of tacky glue on it and it adhered beautifully. My only problem was when I painted the interior, it buckled a little. I used acrylic but it seemed to be a bit watery for paper mache. It still turned out nicely, but I am not sure if I would paint the interior again. Maybe oilcloth that too? At any rate, it was a great project and I really enjoyed it all. I can't wait for next time!
I may or may not have mentioned the shelves we picked up at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. We bought three for $10 each.
They reach all the way to the cieling and have doors on the bottom half (though the one here I left the doors off of). They are so good I can't stand it. They were made for this house. They fit perfectly exactly where I wanted to put them. It took a couple of days, but all my fabric (ok, not quite all, the silks and fancys are still in the closet) is now folded, arranged somewhat by color, and out for my viewing and crafting pleasure.
I can't get over how happy it makes me feel to walk by them and pause and just look at them and plan out what I want to do with them, now that they aren't all suffocating alone in their dark plastic tubs in the closet. How great is the stack of greens up above? Ahhhhhh. I am making a needle roll for my newly knitting sister and a softy for my little friend celebrating her 5th birthday. Then some skirts for M, and another softie for L. Then who knows what!

10 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

yay! it looks wonderful and those shelves do fit perfectly! doesn't it feel good??!! your fabrics are lovely!!

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so impressive I'm basically speechless.

SP8

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Tami said...

Beautiful greens! And great fabric organization. Isn't it always fun to get your stuff up and out in the open? :-)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Dorie said...

I love your pile!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Jill said...

There may be a run on wool stuffing, thanks to you! I definitely need to try some. And your fabric looks scrumptious!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Laurie said...

Beautiful fabric!! And your Back Tack bear is fabulous! Wow!!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Isa said...

beautiful fabrics...
love this green...

your backtack softie looks so cute ;)

11:23 PM  
Blogger lorinda said...

A paradise of fabrics. Thanks for the peek! Love the shelves.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I want your closet! My fabric stash is in plastic bins, it's terribly unorganized.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Just Another Army Wife said...

Love that fabric!!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home