Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Thrifted goodies



The start of estate and garage sales is officially upon us! Atleast you would think so living here- the sun has been out and the sales have been going on. I think that tea set is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I bought it for M, really I did. Or maybe I bought it for us- I mean, it has a weiner dog on it, how could I resist? The other goodies were from a sale across the street. I love the old thread colors and the fabrics are a nice addtion to the stash. The little pink hankie was only 50 cents and was the cutest in a bunch of other hankies that were all $1-$2. I love it when the thing you like best is the most affordable one and not the other way around!
M had a lovely party on saturday despite the fact that her party started at 2:00 and the rain started at 2:05. It then continued to rain for the next two and a half hours and then it was done- along with the party! The great thing about living here is that generally people learn to roll with the whole water from the sky thing. We headed in and did projects and played games and everyone had a great time. I can't believe my little one is 4!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Score on the tea set!!!! so darling! Happy Birthday to Miss M!
Lori

9:14 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

GASP! Lucky, lucky you!

9:11 PM  
Blogger molly said...

oh my goodness!! that teaset! love it! and happy birthday to your little (big) four year old!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home