Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!



Wow. For the first time in nearly three years, we went somewhere out of town, as a family, for the sole purpose of HAVING FUN. Is that as sad and pathetic as it seemed to me while I was soaking in all the loveliness of being somewhere with my beautiful family , all of us just enjoying ourselves? So now that I have been made aware of how wonderful and essential it is to get away just for fun, I am sure we will do it again soon. We used to be so much better at enjoying things a bit. My trying to navigate the whole making money around the kids need came in which meant if I wasn't being mom while my hubby was at work, I was working while he was home. It got ridiculous and I see how much we were missing out on. Even though I wish wish wish there was someway for us to live on one income without selling the house and moving in with our folks (ha ha!), I know having this part time job is a blessing. When I got my first paycheck I held it up for him to see and I said, "Know what the best thing about this is?- We get another one just like it in two weeks!" And that feeling of security is almost as good as the paycheck! At any rate, the beach was amazing. How wonderful is that sand castle? We just came across it on the beach and I just thought it was so charming. It was sunny and clear and warm and incredible. Next time we are planning ahead and bringing firewood so we can have a fire on the beach and roast marshmallows and snuggle under a big blanket, the four of us, while we listen to the ocean. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Here is a little backtack preview. I am finding about a million fabrics in a million colors that I am inspired for for this project. But wait! I have to stick with the black and white! I am enjoying having to come out of my color comfort zone but I am struggling with what color to use for the 20% color part. I have this incredible piece of very vintage yummy perfect yellow velvet ribbon which I want to use but then I keep going back to the light blue/aqua that I love so much. Only time will tell! I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. We are seeding the lawn finally! And then its off to the rock store! I cannot wait for it to be all done and pictures posted!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Laurie said...

What an amazing view!! We don't see things like that here in the Midwest. The sand castle is beautiful. What a great find!! I wish we had a beach. Your trip sounds wonderful. I *love* the fabric choice!! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Strikkelise said...

That sounds like such a happy trip. I know about the part time thing, sometimes i feel like we're both alone with the kids a lot but never together (although my kids do go to kindergarten)
I love the fabrics, could you tell me where the hops one (far left) comes from?

11:56 PM  
Blogger lorinda said...

Beautiful photos, Mo. Life is a seasonal thing, and there are seasons of busy and seasons of quiet reflection. They are all special in their own way. Glad you are savoring each phase as it comes. You add beauty to the busy of life with your keen eye for color and pattern. Have a wonderful weekend!

7:05 AM  
Blogger molly said...

those pictures are beautiful. that first one is amazing.
i was at the fabric store yesterday and there was so much black and white that I was drawn to. i think there is a lot of beauty in its simplicity. and those fabrics you showed today---are lovely. i'm realizing lately, that I don't like about 75 percent of what's in my stash. i think my tastes are really changing when it comes to fabric...those are wonderful. can't wait to see your finished project!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Kristin said...

Hi Mo!
What beautiful pictures! I got the package today and everything is just beautiful! I'm so impressed. I took photos and posted them on my blog today. Thank you again!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

That fabric is just beautiful and I think the greatest joy of having a family are in those getting away from it all moments. May you have many more.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the aqua with the black & white.
-SP8

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home