Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sort of a corner



I have been seeing everyone's corners of their homes and really enjoying them so I am showing one of my own. Its almost a corner- the wall right before the corner. I love the chair because it was my Grandma's. She had it forever and I finally reupolstered it a few years back. I love the shape of it and I love the fabric. When I recovered it I found the original tag from the shop where she bought it and it had a phone number on it with only five numbers. I love that sort of thing. The thing behind it is an old screen door I bought at a garage sale for $5. I love the way it looks. I take it to card shows and I can slip the edges of the cards into the slats and it makes a really nice and easy display piece. Plus the table I got at an estate sale down the street of some people moving to Mexico. $35! More than usual but I really liked it. I m a sucker for bamboo. I love that our house has so much "found" furniture. Oh, and hey, did you notice the actual SUNLIGHT in the photo? Ahhhhhh, a small much needed sunbreak yesterday. Just long enough to get outside and breathe fresh air and play with the new stomp rocket.
I feel like a real knitter today. I realized this morning that the big shapeless box of a dress that I am knitting for Maya was probably not really supposed to be a big shapeless box. In my haste, I didn't clearly read the direction. I then ripped out almost all of it (!). See, Im a real knitter now- in the past I would have tried to find a way to fake it but now it needs to be right!

3 Comments:

Blogger Strikkelise said...

The screen door is a lovely Detail. We don't have them here, they are a typical "movie" thing :)
And those grandma's chairs are real treasures. I have one too, which has been handed down to me via my mother. I should have reupholstered it a long time ago, come to think of it...

9:48 AM  
Blogger Marcella said...

Hi from a fellow "thrifter". I just found your blog-oh what a lovely name! Was curious-how did you start your son sewing?I have a son a bit younger than yours.I do not sew much but I would like to get both of us started.Any tips? He's good at writing and art by the way. Marcella

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheap car insurance online
direct line car insurance
low cost car insurance online
car insurance
direct line car insurance
diamond car insurance
allstate car insurance
nationwide car insurance
progressive car insurance
geico car insurance quote
geico car insurance quote
geico car insurance
fresno car insurance
aa car insurance
rental car insurance
cheap car insurance online
cheapest car insurance
florida car insurance
car insurance ny
car insurance policy
online car insurance
affordable car insurance
car insurance in new jersey
low cost car insurance
car insurance for woman
direct line car insurance
cheap car insurance quote uk
car insurance rats
antique car insurance
nationwide car insurance

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
compare car insurance rate

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home