I still have yet to download my latest photos so here is an oldie but a goodie. I have birthday party on the brain though this house will not see any birthday party action for another three months. This is from L's 6th bday last August. The boy is shark crazy and has about a jillion shark facts in his brain he is willing to share with whoever.
The fun news is that its time for Secret pal seven to start! I had such a great time last time and was spoiled rotten! I got my match today and I was reading her blog and she and I have a ton in common- the dress I am knitting is out of the same yarn that she used in a project she just posted- among lots of other things. I also got an email from my spoiler today and she seems like she is going to be a lot of fun. So here is my questionaire:
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I dont think I am too much of a yarn snob though I really go for the feel good yarns in yummy colors- pinks ,blues, greens, purple etc. My last spoiler sent me the yummiest baby alpaca and it felt so good to knit that I tend to that direction now.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don't spin or crochet but I am going to try to learn to crochet.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Sadly they are in a huge jumble in a bag!
4. how long have you been knitting? Off and on about 15 years but on now about a year
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would say I am a beginner plus
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Nope
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)I like vanilla and tropical florals- also clean grassy scents
7o you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?I have sweet teeth and I like chocolate but I am trying to finally lose that baby weight. (from several years ago!)
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I love to sew and bead and garden
9. What kind of music do you like? I like happy music. Latin,hawaiian, or pop or anything with a beat you can feel happy with
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) No mp3 player here
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love pinks, blues ,purples,greens. I really love most to all colors
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a boy, 6 and a girl 3 ,a hubby and a hamster. My six year old boy is learning to knit now too! He knows how to sew and my mom in law thinks I am going to "sissify" him but Im not worried at all! He loves it and it helps him think in different ways so we will keep it up!
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Sure
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Soft and yummy
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I dont like a real stiff feeling yarn like some of the more mass produced stuff
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I want to learn more techniques so I am going to start doing some of the smaller projects in Lucinda Guys handknits for kids. Reall knitting in general is getting obsessive- its so portable!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I dont really have a favorite
17. What are you knitting right now? The front of a dress for M . The back is done so Im hoping to finish soon (no sleeves. then I am going to do the mice from LG handknits for kids
1. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love it. Nothing better than the stuff people make
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Im still not sure
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? bamboo and aluminum. The aluminum reminds me of my beloved Grandma
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yarn winder, no and whats a swift?
22. How did you learn to knit? Fell in love with a mormon guy in highschool and he went on his mission and I wanted to knit him a sweater. Thats all I remember. Wonder what that guy is doing now?
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 7 years old but I abandoned it without intention of finishing. Does that count?
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Hmmm, as far as animation goes, though its not animation , Im a sucker for Japaneese cute ie anything sanrio. Animals I like are birds, pandas, penguins, seals, whales
25. What is your favorite holiday? Valentines Day! Chocolate, love and glitter!
26. Is there anything that you collect? Not so much
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?I dont have any- I usually just get what looks good at the knitting store though not very often.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Not that I can think of since I got the LG handknits for kids for christmas
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Really anything sounds good.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am not a sock knitter but I would like to try that. I will get back with my measurements
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) June 26
So there you have it. Me in a nutshell.
Things have not slowed down for F&O since the holiday so the studio is calling... Plus the Valentines stuff is almost done so I better go finish that. Sweet dreams!
p.s. I didn't proof read so this could be embarrasingly full of typos!