Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Here it is!


And so here, after much ado, is my backtack! I was so excited to wrap it all up and send it off. And even though I am feeling a little crunched for time these days, there was something so nice about having a sewing project to do. So here is the finished product.


I used a dark maroonie felt , lucious cotton candy pink silk, and that great velvet burnout that I just want yards and yards of. The bamboo handles are meant to lighten the whole thing up and keep it fun. The flowers on the back, the "H" on the pincushion and the flower on the tape measure cover were all done by cutting shapes into the felt, putting the silk behind it and sewing around the shape. I love the way it looks. The lining is so yummy and pink. The pocket inside is trimmed with this fat rickrack with a piece of velvet ribbon over it. Its a happy bag! Just in case she is stalking, I am going to wait and post the contents after she receives it. I haven't heard from my backtacker for a long time so I hope she didn't forget. The good news is though, that I had so much fun putting all this together that I have already thoroughly enjoyed the whole backtack project. I hope she loves it!
I really hate driving- passenging too. I have soem anxiety about long car trips so for this Seattle trip I decided to take some knitting to keep me distracted. It worked. I really did find that focusing elsewhere was a good idea. Especially the drive back ,which was trafficy and no visibility due to all the crappy rain and greyness. It took me so long to just cast on the 355 stitches . Its a skirt for M. I did a ruffley hem where you cast on 4 times the number of stitches you need and then decrease by half the next two rows until you end up with the number of stitches you need. The circular needles kept looping around on themselves and I was a bit woozy from being a tad car sick . After a long time of slowly getting through all this, it really looked liek I had screwed up my knitting by knitting a stitch in the wrong direction b4ecause it kept looping around. Good news- I did just fine and now its just some easy knitting in a circle and before you know it, M will have a new skirt. Im excited. Its so soft too! Take a gander at this:

Tonight's post does have a color story doesn't it! On another unrelated note, I have yet to hear back from the interview Ihad four weeks ago tomorrow. I can't decide if thats good or bad. (ok deep down, I dont think its necessarily good...) I do know that the woman I interviewed with has been out of town a ton. I hope they are just busy. I really have let this one go and decide whatever happens, is whatever happens. On a happy note, the show at my sis in laws house this weekend was great. Not a huge turnout, but a good turnout with plenty of orders. Everyone was really nice and it was a fun crowd. Time to get ready for the next one! But now Im off to bed!

13 Comments:

Blogger Susan Hanson said...

Prompted
Reaction to current events by INtake's Blog Squad Parks-like leaders needed This is a woman who deserves great praise and admiration from the public and most especially the black community for her courage and ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to tennesse road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like tennesse road construction!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I love the back tack project! and Miss M's skirt will totally rock! You will have to show me the ropes on the knitting in the round... I know another little Miss who would like a skirt.
Lori

10:31 AM  
Blogger dixie said...

Love the backtack project and the skirt. I am feeling inspired to make such a skirt for my little girl. As to vintage swaps, are you talking of the swaps hosted by Daily parcels? If so, yes, I am participating. Simple sparrow also just finished one which was wonderful. I am going to encourage her to host another, or maybe I will!

6:56 AM  
Blogger shokufeh said...

Pretty bag!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Austin said...

Dear fellow blogger,

I perused your post with much interest as I was looking for ways to trade in road. But unfortunately your post did not exactly cover trading in road. Yet I have fount a website that allows you to trade in almost anything like road on interest free credit, and you can pay for your road whenever you want. Here is the link one more time: road.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Charlton Glad said...

Dear fellow blogger,

I perused your post with much interest as I was looking for ways to trade in construction penndot photo road. But unfortunately your post did not exactly cover trading in construction penndot photo road. Yet I have fount a website that allows you to trade in almost anything like construction penndot photo road on interest free credit, and you can pay for your construction penndot photo road whenever you want. Here is the link one more time: construction penndot photo road.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Austin said...

Dear fellow blogger,

I perused your post with much interest as I was looking for ways to trade in road. But unfortunately your post did not exactly cover trading in road. Yet I have fount a website that allows you to trade in almost anything like road on interest free credit, and you can pay for your road whenever you want. Here is the link one more time: road.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Austin said...

Dear fellow blogger,

I perused your post with much interest as I was looking for ways to trade in road. But unfortunately your post did not exactly cover trading in road. Yet I have fount a website that allows you to trade in almost anything like road on interest free credit, and you can pay for your road whenever you want. Here is the link one more time: road.

11:48 PM  
Blogger TheMan said...

Hi there mo, after spending considerable time searching for texas lemon law, I would like to say thanks for the post on Here it is!. A texas lemon law isn't always easy to find quality information for. Thanks again.

1:19 AM  
Blogger TheMan said...

Hi there mo, I'm was looking for information on florida lemon law and it's amazing how much junk there is out here and difficult to find the good stuff. Well searching for florida lemon law, I came accross your site Here it is!, not exactly what I was looking for, but what a read. Thanks.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Bruce Shaw said...

Hi there mo, I'm was looking for information on new york lemon law and it's amazing how much junk there is out here and difficult to find the good stuff. Well searching for new york lemon law, I came accross your site Here it is!, not exactly what I was looking for, but what a read. Thanks.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Bruce Shaw said...

Hi mo, I was looking for information on texas lemon law, trying to find information in reguards to any new lemon laws and read your site on Here it is!. Although not exactly what I needed it caught my attention. Many people have problems and any new texas lemon law laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Shawn T Lippert said...

Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional Lemon Law resources for
Lemon Law if you or your readers are interested

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home