Sunday, September 18, 2005

Here I am!


First, here are the turquoise boots I am so happy with. They are not made for walking as much as ,apparantly, running around at the playground while Mom chases you , trying to get you to put your dress back on. We had a friend over for dinner last night we hadn't seen in a year and he looked at me at one point and said, "Ya, thats the one you have to worry about!" (talking about M, the 3 year old) I figure these fiesty traits will all serve her well later in life!
So awhile back, I signed up for "backtack 2", along with a lot of other people. I thought I didn't get a spot and then stumbled upon, "secret pal6" so I signed up. Lucky me, I got into backtack after all so now I am enjoying backtack 2 and secret pal 6 at the same time. I am psyched, though I feel a little hoggy! So here is the questionaire for secret pal 6.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?- I am not a yarn snob, though I really go for snuggliness and good color.
2. Do you spin? Nope Crochet Nope, but I want to learn
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)Sulfa drugs, does that count? (kidding)
4. How long have you been knitting? I have been knitting for about 15 years off and on. If you condensed the time I actuall y have spent knitting, its more like two years.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I dont even know what that is
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Ilike tropical floral scents- anyhting nice and clean
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Its more like I have sweet teeth.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Lots of stuff- sewing , illustration, beading. Whatever sounds like fun
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) No mp3's- I like pretty much all music, with the exception of some country and really angry stuff
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I like all colors. I guess I dont love brown- unless it is paired with the right compliment (robin's egg blue, pink, yellow greens)
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Ihave 2 kids, boy 6 and girl 3 and we all live with my hubby, their dad. We have a little black hamsternamed Carrot who likes his tummy rubbed.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)Not to lose my mind and to be a good person and mom. To inpsire my kids .
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I dont really have a favorite yarn- back to good colored snuggly yarn, I guess.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? 100% acrylic. Dont mind the blends
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? none
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Things that don't take so long!
17. What are you knitting right now? I am just starting a skirt for my three year old. I saw a little girl at the zoo and her mom told me how to do it. My first without a pattern so we will see!
18. What do you think about ponchos? I had the coolest orange poncho when I was little from my airline pilot uncle who got it in south america. Now though, I am not sure. If it was soft enough, great!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I am doing my first circular needle project right now so I will let you know.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo for the feel, aluminum for the sound . Haven't used plastic
21. Are you a sock knitter? Not yet
22. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself and had some help from a friend
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 1.5 years old!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I must have a favorite animated character, cartoons are about all I watch! I can't think of one though. I love birds and no real favorite animal
25. What is your favorite holiday? Valentines Day
26. Is there anything that you collect? Mostly just fabrics and other things to make things out of.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Not really, there are so many good ones.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? No

Wow, that was a lot. I hope it helps my secret pal!

I just have to toot my own horn and say how excited I was the other day to get orders two days in a row off my froy and olo site. I got another one today. I just love this! I really do need to get my act together and finish up the holiday stuff. Off I go- time to go to Home Depot. I hate Home Depot. I have cried from sheer frustration in Home Depot. Today all we need is toilet guts so how frustrating can it be?Hmmmmmmm

3 Comments:

Blogger Gizmo said...

Hey,great blog! I'm definitely going to bookmark your site!
I have a birthday gift suggestion site. It pretty much covers birthday gift suggestion related information.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Nadia Smith said...

Hi, I was browsing the Web and came accross your site. I am pretty new to blogging and everything but it seems pretty fun. I have a site about radiant cut diamonds that I just started last week. Well, keep on blogging!

3:50 PM  
Blogger secret said...

hey I just sent you a questionaire for backtack....I had sent one earlier but it might have gone into your spam box. I just sent another one, but I'll use your questionaire on your blog too:) Thanks for playing

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home