Friday, August 19, 2005

Yahoo!

I sat down to do some internetting and checked my Froy and Olo email and there was an order! Its always so exciting to find an email saying not only does someone like what you do, they already gave you money! Im enjoying this whole having a website thing.
We went to the pool tonight and had a great time. We were the loud laughy family and we just couldn't be quiet or stop laughing no matter what. Last week there wer a few nights where all the kids on the street came out and played and the parents lolled around laughing and enjoying the summer evening as much as the kids. I just think it doesn't get much better than that. David and I still marvel at how serindipitous it was for us to get this house in this neighborhood on this street. Cool neighbor Bob came over tohelp us with an electrical problem. We really need to have them over for dinner. He made us this amazing crab feast a few months ago. The whole great evening was topped off by our boy barfing NEXT to the toilet- couldn't quite make it! They were so gracious about it! We owe them double!
David and I were talking about pumpkin fest 2005- the culmination of a summer's worth of pumpkin coddling and crap talking about whose gourd is the biggest. I thought the perfect dessert would be smores on the barbecue. I found these fancy graham crackers and homemade marshmallows at the local chi chi foodstore. Now we just have to pick a date.
After our swim I puttered around cutting the non crispy hydrangeas. The ones that managed to snuggle into the bush a bit away from the beating sun, have deepened from a common (but still pretty ) blue to the most amazing luminous earthy green. I just love it. They feel really vintage and special. And good news on the hydrangea front: the one that David mowed over in an attempt to get out of weed pulling has survived! It has come back quite a bit and it looks pretty impressive given it was nothing but a few sticks in the ground a month ago. The other good news is he brought me a new limelight hydrangea to replace the one he mowed before it had come back to life. I love this time of year with the japanese anenomes blooming and veggies for the picking.
Better go get working on that order so I can mail it on monday. I also have a corporate invite project this weekend. I told them we should do a classy pop up and they love the idea. Then they told me, oh not 30 or 40 cards like we had planned, but 100 cards. And can we have them in a little less than two weeks. uh oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home