Saturday, June 04, 2005

Plant Saturday

We woke up today and got to go to my favorite farmer's market in the area. It happens to be huge and popular so it gets really crowded. David's buddy Kelly is getting married in two weeks here in town and they live in Seattle so we went to scope the flower offerings and report back to him. God love this boy and his beautiful bride, for keeping this a really heartfelt wedding about their love and not all the fancy trimmings. David is in the wedding and gets to wear his own suit- so nice because tux money is not in the budget . And then the day of the wedding someone is going to go pick up gorgeous bouquets from the farmers market for the wedding. I think thats great.
So as long as we were at farmer's market, I might as well pick up a few more plants . Why? To put next to the big pile of plants I keep buying and have yet to plant? Sure. The kids each picked out a dahlia to grow and I bought (another) goldish apricotish heuchera and an amazing castor bean plant I have wanted since last summer. It has an amzing big leaf and incredible corally pink fuzzy pod things that grow out of it. Prehistoric and dr. suess all at the same time.
Later I had to go grocery shopping and I perused the garden section for a wire vine. They didn't have it but they did have lime scented geraniums! And some pretty gorgeous begonias. I couldn't very well go home without my wire vine so I stopped at the nice chi chi nersery on the way home and they didnt have it either. But they did have all kinds of neat things I cant remember the names of. I bought four more plants there and then asked the guy about where to plant my castor bean plant- He kindly informed me that they dont sell them because they are wickedly toxic. Eat a pod and die toxic. Hmmmmm. My son is 6 and has severe food allergies so he puts very little in his mouth so he is ok. My daughter, on the other hand... She came to me face covered with frothy orange snot the other day. Come to find out she had shoved her flintstone vitamin up her nose. It hadn't looked that big until I saw it firmly lodged in her three year old nostril. Sadly, the castor bean may have to find a new home. Makes me too nervous. We have been through enough with her. Just over a year ago she had open heart surgery to correct a birth defect (an enormous hole). She is rough and tumble and fearless and so precious. We just finished paying all those bills - yep, the plant has to go.
I am happy to say though that Imanaged to plant some of the things I bought in my Guy Wolf pots I bought at a garage sale the other day for a buck a piece. In case you dont know, they sell for $40 a pice at smith and hawken. I love me a bargain.
I have been playing with my fabric stash and am wanting to make more bags. With the website getting staarted soon and oprders coming in I have nt had the time. My mom may take the kids to the zoo on monday so I may have to make it a make something day. Better go get to work. I have fireworks and pregnant ladies to draw.

1 Comments:

Blogger startonline said...

Nice blog, keep up the good work!
I have a site to wedding guest book.
It's a free information site on wedding guest book.
You should check it out if you have the time :-)

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home