Friday, May 27, 2005

Yay!

I justlove the facts that people leave comments! Again, not so technologically inclined. I keep trying to write back to the people that leave comments to say, hey thanks and all that but I can't seem to figure it out. I did check out Anessa's blog though which I loved and Im probing the depths of my brain for a name for you so I can win the contest. I have to say though that I am one of the folks who likes "pink fifi portraits " I did think it was just for dogs though so I guess I can see why you are looking for a new one. I cant seem to find Mandy's blog though I would love to check it out.
You know when you haven't experienced something for a really long time and you know you love the thing but its been so long that when you do experience it again, you can't believe you lived without it for so long? Thats how I feel about leaving the window above my bed open all night and letting the night breezes blow in. It is finally dry and warm enough to have them open and I cannot beilieve it has been so long! It was so nice. Especially sitting here last night on my computer, warm breezes blowing in, the calls of the wild peacocks that live in our neighborhood every so often. It jsut felt really right and good. David told me he saw them flying (they do fly- i was sort of surprised, they are a bit large) from our humongous fir tree in the backyard. I thought it was so great and magical that they had been in our yard. They apparently felt great and magical about being in our yard because there they were at 3:00 a.m. howling their yelpy howls. And at 3:30 and at 4. Are they nocturnal?!! They woke us all up so we had to close the windows. I still think its kind of fun though. What if they were laying eggs? That would have to be good ju ju.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

I love open window sleeping...and peacocks...although I seem to remember that they sound just like a woman screaming. They must be good luck, though. Did they leave any feathers behind?

You should definitely check out Mandy's blog here.

6:05 AM  
Blogger anessa said...

Hey Mo...thanks for the kind words.
Looks like your learning the blogging ropes very quickly..

I love thinking about magical peacocks flying around in your fir tree in the wee hours of the night.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home